9.03.2014

#WIAW | What I Ate Wednesday

Welcome to the first "What I Ate Wednesday" on Lemon Pantry!  This is not a new idea by any means but I thought I would give it a try.  I thought some of you may like to see what kinds of food dietitians eat (disappointingly normal) and I found it also helps keep me accountable throughout the day if I know I'm going to have to photograph it.

So this post contains what I actually ate on Tuesday for a "What I Ate Wednesday" post if that makes any sense.  Looking back I would have loved to add some greens to my dinner but I didn't want to go overboard before heading to 7PM yoga.  If you cross one eye and stand on your head you'll see I still had some whole grains, vegetables and dairy/protein snuck in there so it wasn't a total loss, even if it was pizza.

Otherwise, Tuesday was a pretty uneventful and typical day of what I might eat.  With some feedback I may do another one of these which will show some variations of meals and snacks, so let me know what you think!

6:15AM Breakfast
Whole wheat English muffin
Peanut butter
Small banana
8oz almond milk
1/2 scoop protein powder

9:30AM Snack 
Low fat cheese stick


11:30AM Lunch
Salad - spring mix greens, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, 1 packet chunk tuna fish, olive oil and lemon juice
Non-fat Greek yogurt
Medium Apple

2PM Snack 
Pumpkin Seeds

5:30PM Dinner 
Grilled whole-grain pizza with mozzarella and tomatoes

8:30PM Snack (Not shown)
Spoonful of peanut butter after yoga

Drinks:
 Not pictured is my morning coffee with milk.  I keep a reusable 16 ounce cup at work that I try to refill 2-3 times throughout the day with ice water.  I also typically drink 1 liter of seltzer water from the time I get home until bedtime.

Let me know if you guys liked this type of post and would care to see another one in the future in the comments below!

2 comments: