3.10.2015

Avocado Toast with Tomatoes

Hello everyone! I am just back from vacation! I decided that if I was going to take a true vacation that meant a break from blogging, TV, etc. so my best friend and I stayed on a sail boat off the coast of Puerto Rico, read 3+ books each, snorkeled and beach-hopped for a week.  Low key and low cost since we made most of our meals on the boat and our time didn't revolve around shopping, restaurants or excursions.  I highly recommend an unplugged vacation if you can manage it.  It was just what this RD ordered :)
Ever since avocado toast has started "trending" (check Instagram if you don't believe me) I have been craving it and just haven't gotten around to making it.  So after an outside yoga class this past Friday I ordered it for brunch and it wasn't until after that they realized they were out of avocado! Anyways, needless to say the first meal I made when I got back was avocado toast.  I was not disappointed.



I decided if I'm being realistic, I probably won't make this with an egg on top during the week as I'm usually pressed for time trying to get to work at 7:30AM.  I topped the 9-grain toast with avocado, sliced rainbow tomatoes, cracked pepper, green onion and a drizzle of garlic olive oil.  It was crunchy, creamy and tasted so fresh.  It makes me hopeful for Spring since returning to chilly Maine after a week of 83 degree weather.  Happy to be back and blogging! See you back here soon!



Avocado Toast

1 slice hearty bread such as 9-grain or whole wheat
1/4 avocado
3 cherry tomatoes (I used organic rainbow cherry tomatoes), quartered
1/4 green onion, chopped
Fresh cracked pepper to taste
Extra virgin olive oil

Directions: Toast bread. Slice avocado and mash slightly onto toast with a fork.  Top with tomatoes and garnish with pepper, green onions and drizzle with olive oil.  Enjoy immediately.

Nutrition Facts: 275 Calories, 16g Fat, 30g Carbohydrates, 7g Protein, 10g Fiber, 95mg Sodium, 1124mg Potassium

No comments:

Post a Comment