5.13.2015

Shrimp and Mango Salad with Edamame




If you're looking for a bright, refreshing salad packed with protein look no further.  This salad goes from freezer to table in 15 minutes or less.  I always keep frozen shrimp, corn and edamame on hand to add to quesedillas, salads or as side dishes and frozen mango to add sweetness to my smoothies in the morning. 
I recently bought Trader Joe's Reduced Fat Cilantro Dressing and I am an addict.  I meant it, I am putting this on everything.  For this recipe, I cooked the shrimp in a little bit of the dressing to give it a boost of flavor and of course I topped the entire salad off with a little more.  I see a purchasing few more bottles of this in my near future. 
 
 



Shrimp and Mango Salad with Edamame
Serves 2

Ingredients:
10-15 large frozen cooked shrimp
1/2 Tablespoon lime juice
Garlic powder to taste
Chili powder to taste
3 Tablespoons Trader Joe's Reduced Fat Cilantro Salad Dressing
2 cups mixed greens
1 cup edamame, thawed
1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 cup mango, cubed

Directions:
Allow shrimp to thaw slightly then add to skillet over medium heat along with lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder and 1 tablespoon of cilantro dressing. Stirring occaisonally, cook for about 5-10 minutes or until heated completely through.
Add about 1 cup of greens to each serving bowl. Top each bowl with half of the shrimp, mango, edamame and corn. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of dressing on each dish and serve.

Nutrition Facts: 365 Calories, 8g Fat, 37g Carbohydrate, 39g Protein, 7g Fiber, 806mg Sodium, 329mg Potassium

No comments:

Post a Comment