8.10.2015

Peachy Red Wine Sangria

This past week my family rented a camp for a little stay-cation in Maine.  With such long winters, when you live here you really want to enjoy the few months (weeks?) of the year that the weather is so warm and sunny.  We had a great time kayaking almost every day and we did build a fire each night, even after a rainy day.  
I have to say we ate very well; lots of salmon, lobster and grilled veggies.  To drink one night mom and I made sangria.  A first for us, it was extremely easy to prep and tasted so good!  Not too sweet with deep flavors and a nice citrus kick.  I think when I make this again I will make a double batch as it only filled the pitcher halfway, although keep in mind one batch was plenty for three people.  
Hope you all have had some time for vacation this summer, too or have some coming up in the near future!  See you back here soon!





Ingredients:
2 oranges
1 lemon
1 peach
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup triple sec
1 bottle red or white wine

Directions:
Slice one orange, the lemon and peach.  Add to pitcher along with the juice of the remaining orange and sugar.  Muddle together with a wooden spoon.  Add the triple sec and wine and stir.  Store for 2-8 hours in the refrigerator and serve.

2 comments:

  1. It does look tasty, need to give it try. Thanks for sharing recipe with us and keep posting such easy to make recipe with us..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my blog. wine store

    ReplyDelete