12.31.2015

2015 Reading List

As another year comes to a close it's natural to look back over the past 12 months and reflect.  One way I like to do that is by recapping all the books I was interested in reading.  It can sort of give you a peek into where you were at in life and what you enjoyed or wanted to learn about.  I initially felt as though I didn't read as much as I would have liked but I did have two big opportunities to settle down with a few books; first during a week on a remote sailboat and second while I was stuck in bed after foot surgery.
I started the year really enjoying memoirs, especially Yes Please by Amy Poehler.  Towards the time of my surgery, I was looking for a distraction and loved The Girl on the Train and All the Bright Places.  If you liked The Fault in Our Stars then you can be sure you will like All the Bright Places, although I didn't end up bawling my eyes out quite the same.
I'd love to hear some book suggestions from you or would love to know what you thought of these books if you've read them.  I hope you all have a safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR!  Happy 2016, Everyone!

2015 Reading List: 
Yes Please – Amy Poehler
Not That Kind of Girl – Lena Dunham
Bossypants – Tina Fey
Someone Else’s Love Story – Joshilyn Jackson
The Girl on the Train – Paula Hawkins
All the Bright Places – Jennifer Niven
Paper Towns – John Green
Freakonomics – Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
The Secret – Rhonda Byrne
Happy Cooking – Giada de Laurentiis
Bad Feminist - Roxane Gay (Not Yet Finished)
The First Bad Man – Miranda July (Not Yet Finished)

No comments:

Post a Comment