8.17.2016

Mini Fruit Pizzas!

Sometimes at family gatherings I am put in charge of dessert and I never know quite what to make, although I do always try to incorporate fruit into the mix.  For this recipe, I decided to use pre-made cookie dough for two reasons; 1) it’s easier and 2) the cookies come out symmetrical.  Since the cookies and frosting are slightly sweet, tart berries and mint pair nicely together for a light and refreshing treat.  Not to mention how gorgeous they look, with each cookie decorated slightly different and a touch of green. 
To make things even easier, if possible, I prepared the cookies and frosting ahead of time.  I packed them up separately in Tupperware and brought them along with the fresh berries and mint to my brother’s house and assembled them there since I wasn’t sure how well they would travel.  They were a hit and I’m sure they would be great for a kid’s party, too!





Mini Fruit Pizzas
Recipe by Ali Caron, RD

Ingredients:
1 package pre-made cookie dough

For the Frosting:
8oz cream cheese, softened
8 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup powdered sugar

Fruit:
Berries such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries
Fresh mint leaves

Directions:
Prepare cookies as per instructions on package.  Allow to cool.
Beat together cream cheese and butter until fluffy.  Add in vanilla extract and powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
Once cookies are cool, spread about a tablespoon on each cookie and decorate with a few different types of berries.  Add one small mint leaf to all or most cookies.  Serve immediately.


Tip: Make ahead and store cookies and frosting in separate air tight containers.  Keep the frosting refrigerated.  Decorate when ready!

1 comment:

  1. These pizzas look delicious and tempting. It is good to create such healthy recipes for children as well as adults. It looks very colourful. I will include this in my snacks list.

    ReplyDelete