7.21.2014

Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip

Every day I bring to work three staples; an apple, a (Greek) yogurt and a 100-calorie pack of cocoa-covered almonds.  Sometimes an individual pack of carrots or fruit cup makes an appearance.  I will either buy the remainder of my lunch from work or bring it from home but those three things are almost always present.  I typically eat the yogurt at 10am, eat the apple with lunch and snack on the almonds around 2pm when a sugar-craving hits. 

This week I was staring at my sad little apple and yogurt lunch and decided to try out an idea I saw on Pinterest for dips made from yogurt, honey and peanut butter.  With a slight modification, all I had to do was buy a small packet of peanut butter from the cafeteria at work and I was golden.  When I made this the second time, I added cinnamon because I am on a serious cinnamon kick.  Antioxidants, baby.

Remember, while this recipe is nutrient-dense, it is also calorie-dense.  (Most adults should aim for around 500-600 calories as meal times with two - 100 calorie snacks.)   Serve entire recipe with 1 sliced apple at breakfast, as part of your lunch or post-work out or share with a friend as a high-protein snack.






Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip
Serves 1-2

Ingredients:
6oz vanilla non-fat Greek yogurt
1 ½ tbsp. peanut butter
1/8 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:

Combine yogurt, peanut butter and cinnamon.  Serve with apple slices or other fruit.

Nutrition Facts: 307 Calories, 8g Fat, 44g Carbohydrates, 17.5g Protein, 5g Fiber, 69mg Sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment