7.24.2014

Avocado Bean Salad

This weekend we had some friends over for yard games and snacks before heading to the annual “street dance” in our town.  My roommate made everyone’s favorite, buffalo chicken dip, and I decided to whip up a close second place, my Avocado Bean Salad.  For me, it never turns out exactly the same but it’s one of those party snacks that is so yummy you might not notice it’s actually good for you.  I can say there are always black beans, always tomatoes and always avocado.  Other than that, I use what I have and rarely measure.  Gatherings are supposed to be fun after all so enjoy this no-stress dish that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.



Avocado Bean Salad
Makes about 8 servings

Ingredients:
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
3/4 cup of corn (I used frozen grilled corn from Trader Joe’s)
1 shallot or half small onion
1 avocado diced small cubes (not too ripe)
1/2 orange pepper diced (optional)
¾ cup cherry tomatoes quartered (or can use diced canned tomatoes)

Dressing:
Lime juice (or lemon juice)
Garlic powder
Chili powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
Dried or fresh herbs like cilantro (optional)

Directions:

Combine all ingredients mixing gently.  Add a small amount of seasonings at first and alter to taste.  Store in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.  Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment