7.19.2014

Quick Grilled Eggplant Parmesan

Okay, so I’ll be honest.  The last time I made eggplant Parmesan I actually got tired halfway through the process.  While it wasn’t particularly difficult, I without a doubt dirtied every dish, pot, pan and kitchen utensil I own.  There are a lot of steps involved between dredging and frying the eggplant, cooking the pasta and baking the final product. 

Since then, I have continued to buy eggplants, specifically graffiti eggplants, which are perfect for 1 person and simply beautiful to look at.  (Of course, I forgot to take a picture  before I sliced it up.)  But have I repeated making eggplant Parmesan? Yes and no. 

I’ve adapted a much healthier and way easier method to still enjoy this Italian dish.  I ditched the pasta altogether, grill the eggplant rather than batter and fry it and when I’m really hungry, I don’t even bake it.  Serve with a side salad and some crusty homemade garlic bread to dip in the sauce and voila!  Fastest eggplant Parmesan in the West…well, East.



This grill pan is my absolute favorite (from Target).









Quick Grilled Eggplant Parmesan
Serves 2-3

Ingredients:
2 graffiti eggplants
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup marinara sauce, heated
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Slice eggplant into ½ to ¾ inch rounds.  Grill over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes or until golden brown, flipping pieces over halfway through. 

Remove from heat. Top with marinara sauce and grated or shaved Parmesan cheese. 

(Optional:  Pour marinara sauce on bottom of oven-safe dish, lay grilled eggplant on top in single layer and cover with marinara sauce then parmesan cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minute or until cheese is golden brown.)

Nutrition Facts: 282 Calories, 15g Fat, 33g Carbohydrates, 8.5g Protein, 15g Fiber, 502mg Sodium, 1150mg Potassium


1 comment:

  1. Persistence can get you through anything!! And the pictures you shared are really great,, so appetizing.. Thank you so much also for the recipe.. will give it a try myself.

    ReplyDelete